It’s that time of year agin… The changing leaves, in all of their fiery glory, are spilling over the Baraboo Bluffs. Pumpkins and mums on every doorstep you pass. Cozying up on the couch with fuzzy socks and a fall cocktail is your night time routine! Let’s take your cocktail crafting to the next level with some of these delicious Fall Cocktail recipes. Taste test them all to find your favorites before your holiday parties! Below are Fall Cocktails that will leave you feeling nostalgia for days of apple picking, leaf pile diving and pumpkin carving.
Check out Baraboo’s Fall Fair on the Square!
Apple Cider Margarita
- 2 c. apple cider
- 1/2 c. silver tequila
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sugar, for rim
- Cinnamon, for rim
- salt, for rim
- Apple slices, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a pitcher, combine cider, tequila, and lemon juice.
- Dip glasses in water, then into mixture of sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fill with margarita, and garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Apple Cider Mimosas
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 c. Apple Cider
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle bubbly
- On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip champagne flutes in water to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill champagne flutes 1/4 full with apple cider, then top off with champagne.
Pumpkin Old Fashioned
- 2.5 ounces bourbon – (I prefer Four Roses Single Barrel)
- 2/3 ounce pure maple syrup* – (I prefer Finding Home Farms)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 1-2 dashes dashes black walnut bitters**
- Orange peel, cinnamon stick, and a bourbon cherry for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the bourbon, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, and bitters. Shake vigorously.
- Add ice to a rocks glass, then strain in the cocktail mixture.
- Squeeze the orange peel over the top of the cocktail to release the oils; then rub the orange peel around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with orange peel, cinnamon stick, and a bourbon cherry
Kahlua Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 ounce Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- Mini marshmallows, for serving
- Salted caramel, for serving
- Chocolate syrup, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlúa.
- Serve immediately, garnished with mini marshmallows, salted caramel and chocolate syrup, if desired.
Apple Cider Moskow Mule
- 4 oz. hard apple cider
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- 1.5 oz. absolut citron vodka
- juice of half a lime
- dash of ground cinnamon
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes, hard apple cider, ginger beer, citron vodka, lime juice, and cinnamon. Shake.
- Pour mixture over a cooper cup filled with crushed ice.
- (optional) Garnish with apple slices, lime wedge and cinnamon stick
Pumpkin Spice White Russians
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp. grushed graham crackers
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Kahlua
- 1 1/2 oz. pumpkin spice creamer
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Make the rim: On a shallow plate, combine pumpkin pie spice and crushed graham crackers. Dip the edge of each glass in water, then into the mixture, coating the edge of each glass.
- Make the drink: Pour vodka and Kahlua into glasses filled with ice. Top with creamer. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Saturday, October 10th from 9am-4pm, spend a day in Downtown Baraboo during the Fall Fair on the Square! 120+ artists and crafters, food, and live music. Shops and restaurants will be open with outdoor seating available on the courthouse lawn. Find The Greatest Place...
The Ringling Brother's Circus history runs deep within the heart of Baraboo. Now the highly anticipated Al. Ringling Brewing Co. has finally opened their doors in Baraboo, WI. Brewing up the greatest craft beer experience on Earth. Featuring the Secret Ringling...
Best Baraboo Area Old Fashioned, whether you take yours sweet, sour, or press. The Old Fashioned is a fall tradition in Wisconsin. The traditional Wisconsin Old Fashioned is Brandy, muddled with Sugar, Bitters, a cherry and orange and topped with 7- up, usually served...
BarabooLocated an hour from Madison and 20 minutes from the Wisconsin Dells sits Baraboo, Wisconsin. This small town is rich with Ringling Brother's Circus history and home to the beautiful Devils Lake State Park. Whether you're looking for a kid friendly place to...
Made in Baraboo Market Made in Baraboo Fair and Maxwell Street Days in Downtown Baraboo Friday and Saturday August 14th and 15th 2020. Visit Downtown Baraboo to shop local merchants HUGE Sales, Live Music, & Farmers Market on Saturday. Baraboo Maxwell Street Days...
The Greatest Place on Earth has created a series of Neighborhood Pop- Up Fairs for the families in our Baraboo neighborhoods for food, shopping and entertainment.
Relax Outdoors Near Devils's Lake Feeling a little confined to your home lately? Still trying to avoid close-quarters with large groups? Baraboo Wisconsin’s got just what you’re looking for. Here you’ll find all the great outdoor seating and entertainment Baraboo has...
Winter Fun in the Baraboo AreaLooking for Winter Fun in the Baraboo Area ? Check out this blog for the fun things to do with the whole family this winter! The Baraboo area offers lots of outdoor activities! From skiing to ice skating, there’s something for...
Baraboo Christmas Tree FarmsIt’s the time of the year that the Families in the Baraboo area are looking up Baraboo Christmas Tree Farms. The Greatest Place on Earth Bloggers thought we would give you the skinny on the farms and lots in the area, to help you choose the...
Recently we wrote a blog about November events in Baraboo but now here comes December and we have a whole lot going on. After the Light Parade on November 23rd the streets of Downtown Baraboo will be filled with Christmas Magic. Santa, carolers, horse &...